Tuesday 30 September 2014

Valencia Harris

“Our Untold Stories” of Missing Persons of Color

By Natalie Wilson, Co-Founder, Black and Missing Foundation, Inc

Black and Missing Foundation, Inc. (BAM FI) has launched a new online tool -“Our Untold Stories” of Missing Persons of Color – which allows the victims’ families to tell the story of their missing loved ones using video, pictures or letters.

“There are an overwhelming number of missing persons of color,” said Derrica Wilson, president and CEO of Black and Missing Foundation, Inc. “Everyone with a missing family member clings to hope. Hope that their loved one will return home. Hope that law enforcement will be proactive. Hope that the media will get involved. We are providing families with the hope they need and deserve – a platform to share their untold stories.”

Victims’ families can make and share their own videos, pictures and letters on the circumstances of their missing loved one and send them to us. Videos will be aired on BAMFI.org, You Tube and social media sites.  For submissions, guidelines and tips, visit www.BAMFI.org.

The “Our Untold Stories” will begin with a plea for help from Valencia Harris, whose daughter, Unique, has been missing for over a year.

9 comments

• Carla James | December 28, 2011 at 9:55 am | Reply

Thank You for being brave to share about your daughter. I pray that the exposure help bring your daughter home.I will pray for your family and keep yall in my heart.

• Natalie Wilson | December 28, 2011 at 10:05 am | Reply

Thank you, Carla! We need Unique home, as with all of our missing persons.

Her mother and boys miss her. We can’t understand how she disappeared in the middle of the night while her two boys slept in the next room and no one saw anything.

• VALENCIA HARRIS | March 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Reply

Bless you both, God grace & mercy through prayers is what”s getting me through each day. Be Blessed!

• lareese gordon | March 16, 2012 at 2:21 am | Reply

I didnt know unique personally but i knew one of her cousins. my prayers our with you. i pray she is returned safe and sound

• Tina Fleming | June 18, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Reply

I seen your story some time ago, and your story really touched my heart. I was just sitting this day and thought did they ever find your daughter. And I came across this website and seen your cry, I am a mother myself and could not imagine this happening to me but things does happen to us that’s beyond our control. My heart go out to your family and especially to her children…I pray with all my might that she return home safely…May God continue to be with you always…

• Erika | August 1, 2014 at 4:00 am | Reply

I heard about your daughter Unique Harris on Lisa Ling’s Our America. I am so sorry and my prayers go out to you. I have a 23yr old daughter and I don’t know what I would do if she just disappeared without a trace. It seems like maybe it might of had something to do with that murder she saw and I’m sure others saw it too, but are too scared to speak up. I hope and pray that you find the answers you so deserve. You and those babies deserve to know what happened. Losing a child is hard enough, but not knowing has to be torture. I pray for God to bless you with some answers so that you may find peace. God bless you for never giving up.

• Luke | August 1, 2014 at 12:46 pm | Reply

When Unique went missing how come her mother didn’t request the GPS location history for her daughters cell phone until the time it went offline. Or how come the police didn’t look at people who moved away from the apartment complex shortly after Unique went missing? That’s all that I’m saying.

• Kassie | September 1, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Reply

Valencia,

I also heard about your story on “Our America.” I hope that this exposure helps bring your baby girl home. May you and your family find the peace and strength to move on.