It is hard to believe that this year is coming to a close. As champions for missing persons of color, we at Black and Missing Foundation, Inc. (BAM FI) are proud of our many accomplishments in 2012, but there is much more work to be done. Every missing person deserves to be found. Every loved one of a missing person deserves answers or closure.
- Since our inception, BAM FI has assisted with the recovery of over 100 missing persons.
- Through our partnership with the Michael Baisden Show, “Missing Child of the Week” segment, we reunited 14 children with their parents, like Julius King, with his 5-year-old son, Jahir, and Rose Walker with her 4-year-old daughter, Jhada.
- Partnership with TV One on the groundbreaking television show Find Our Missing. Hosted by S. Epatha Merkerson, Find Our Missing highlights the stories of missing persons of color. The second season of Find Our Missing will air January 2013.
- National Media – BAM FI’s Co-Founder Derrica Wilson, addressed the issue of missing persons of color with a national audience through appearances on HLN’s Dr. Drew, The Ricky Lake Show, The Associated Press, and The View. Her appearance on The View resulted in the safe, and immediate, recovery of Mishell Green, who had been missing for 5 months.
- Endorsement from Bishop T.D. Jakes and CodeBlack Entertainment with the release of Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day, a film about an African American couple whose daughter is abducted. Bishop T.D. Jakes spoke out about the importance of our organization for communities of color.
- Held safety workshops around the region to educate our communities on personal safety.
2013 will mark our 5th Anniversary. We are working diligently to ensure that law enforcement training is enhanced, that they are prepared and respond more swiftly and effectively than ever before; that better laws are created to help protect our communities; and that our communities become more aware and alert.
Together, with your support, we can do just that.
This holiday season please consider making a tax-deductible donation to BAM FI. One hundred percent of your donation will be used to provide assistance to families of the missing.
Thank you so much for being part of the BAM FI family, and for supporting our efforts to bring much needed attention to our missing, and to help reunite families with their missing loved ones.
Have a happy and safe holidays!
Derrica, Natalie, Susan, Candance, and our team of volunteers
Leave a comment